The holidays aren’t complete without these ginger-spiced favorites! Here’s a tip: Make two batches and keep one of yourself!
1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
1 cup (115 g) all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
¼ cup (60 ml) molasses
1 cup (200 g) sugar
¾ cup (165 g) butter, melted
1. Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine flours, ginger, baking soda, and Winter Spice Seasoning. Set aside.
3. Place egg, molasses, sugar, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
4. Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 15 seconds.
5. Add the liquid mixture from the Vitamix container to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
6. Using a spoon, scoop dough and roll into 1-inch balls between your hands.
Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.
For more recipes like this, visit vitamix.com
The following post is sponsored by Vitamix.