Looking for a new holiday party cocktail recipe? You’re in luck! ICC’s very own Chef Jeff Butler shared his famous cranberry cordial recipe that he always makes around the holidays.
Growing up in Pine Barrens, New Jersey, there was always an abundance of cranberries—the town is home to more than 2,000 acres of cranberry bogs!
Below, get his recipe for the perfect cocktail that’s sure to delight any holiday crowd!
Note this recipe is for ages 21+, please drink responsibly!
INGREDIENTS FOR SYRUP
1.5 Cup Water
1.5 Cup Light Brown Sugar
12 oz Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
1 each Star Anise Whole
2 each Cinnamon Stick
10 each Black Pepper Corns
INGREDIENTS FOR ASSEMBLY
1 Part Cranberry Syrup
1 Part Bourbon
3 Part Club Soda
Ice As Needed
Orange Slices for Garnish
PROCEDURE FOR SYRUP
- Zest and Juice the orange.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring up to a simmer and cool.
- Cool overnight.
- Strain syrup to use a as a mixer and reserve the cranberries for garnish.
PROCEDURE FOR ASSEMBLY
- In a bar shaker mix 1 part Cranberry Syrup with 1 Part Bourbon. Top with ice and shake to mix.
- Strain off ice into an Old Fashioned Glass and top with 3 Parts Club Soda.
- Garnish Glass with Orange slice and Cranberry.
- Serve and enjoy!