Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe by Deniece Vella, 2013 Professional Culinary Arts graduate.
Credit: Love Food and Thought
Makes one 10-inch cheesecake
- 100 g crushed graham crackers
- 80 g quick cooking oats
- 45 g chopped pecans
- 35 g sugar
- 113 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs. cream cheese
- 300 g sugar
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 16 g cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 90 g sour cream
- 150 g heavy cream
Maple whipped cream
Pecans, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Combine the graham crackers, oats, pecans, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the filling, combine the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and continue mixing until combined.
4. Using your spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the cornstarch and cinnamon. Mix on low speed until combined.
5. While mixing, add the vanilla and eggs 1 at a time.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the sour scream and heavy cream. Mix until well combined.
7. Pour this mixture into the crust. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Cool the cheesecake to room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours.
9. Serve cold with maple whipped cream and pecans.
Subscribe to Love Food and Thought’s YouTube Channel for more videos to come!