Housing Assistance in New York

ICC provides housing assistance for students relocating to the New York City area for their education. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us as soon as possible and to review our recommendations for alternative housing. Please contact Robin Hom, Associate Dean of Student Services, at 646.254.7511 or email with your housing inquiries.

Types of Alternative Housing

Direct Housing Options – Companies that operate and rent apartments or dorm style apartments that specialize in student housing for anywhere from more than 30 days to 1 year.

Secondary Direct Housing Options – Short Term Real Estate companies that manage and rent their own apartments. There are various amount of listing per company for all budgets and locations. Most of the listings are short term rentals for 1 month to 1 year. There are both furnished and unfurnished listings.

Housing Search Engines – Search listings all over New York City. Use filters to narrow your search. Some will accommodate leases under a year and some will not.


The below resources can help guide you through the process of searching for housing in New York City for the duration of your studies at ICC.

EHS – Educational Housing Services
Contact: 800-297-4694
EHS provides off-campus student housing located in Brooklyn Heights, Financial District, Uptown, Midtown and Downtown Manhattan. All residences are fully furnished and feature 24-hour security, communal kitchens, laundry facilities and more.

92Y Residence
Contact: 212-415-5660
The 92Y Residence offer students, interns and young professionals convenient, quiet and safe housing. Rates range from $1400 to $2100 a month and amenities include 24-hour security, complimentary membership to the health club (including indoor swimming pool) and more.

Union Square Apartments, Manhattan
Contact: 212-614-0500reservations@unionsquareinn.com
Conveniently located in lower Manhattan, these studio apartments include kitchenettes, private bathrooms, free wifi and more. Room types include two twins or one queen bed.

International House, Manhattan
Contact: 212-316-8400
Monthly rates from $1100 for a room to $2700 for a one-bedroom apartment. All bedrooms are furnished, single occupancy private residential rooms. Resident kitchen, laundry room, computer lab, and wifi on site. Open to all students (not just international) but must be 21+.

Kolping Residence, Bronx
Contact: 718-733-6119 or 347-320-0049
Kolping Residence, located just 30 minutes from Midtown Manhattan offers furnished rooms (shared bathrooms and common spaces) for rent for $765 per month with utilities, dinner and wifi included.

Centro Maria Residence, Manhattan
Contact: 212-757-6989
Centro Maria provides care and temporary/transitional housing to women coming to work or study in NYC. Housing is for women only.

Webster Apartments, Manhattan
Contact: 212-967-9000 | info@websterapartments.org
Webster Apartments offers fully furnished single guest rooms with shared bathrooms. Open to women, 18+, who are working at least 28 hours per week in addition to their studies.

Jeanne d’Arc Residence, Manhattan
Contact: 212-989-5952 | jdaresidence@gmail.com
Simple housing offered for women seeking to further their education and establish a career in New York City. Rates range from $570 to $920 per month depending on room type.

Student Housing Works
Contact: 908-977-6253
With multiple locations throughout New York City, Student Housing Works offers furnished rooms for students and interns with an array of amenities including free utilities & wifi.

Studios 99
Contact: 212-222-3799
Comfortable and newly renovated private guest rooms available on the Upper West Side for students seeking extended stay. Rooms have either private or shared bathrooms.

Central Park Apartments NYC
Contact: 212-678-0491 | info@centralparkinn.com
Central Park Apartments offer studio apartments with private bathrooms and full kitchens or kitchenettes. Free wifi and utilities are included.

Short Term Real Estate Companies:

Other Helpful Search Engines:


Inclusion on this page does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation made by ICC.