Effective – January 1st, 2016
The International Culinary Center is the sole owner of the information collected on the websites ending *.internationalculinarycenter.com, *.culinarycenter.com or *.culinarycenter.edu (“Sites”).
The International Culinary Center collects information provided directly from our users at various places within the Sites. This information may include email addresses, contact information, application and registration data, submitted coursework, and comments/questions posted within online forums. This type of information is submitted through forms that our users submit or files uploaded to our Sites.
The International Culinary Center uses this information to continuously improve the products and services we offer to our customers. Examples of such usage include, responding to users who request to be contacted, sending content to interested users who have opted in to receive our content, collection of application and enrollment data necessary for attendance to our classes, accessing and contributing to content within our online student communities, or attending and participating in online classes.
We do not sell or rent the information you provide us to Third Parties, but may share such information with our Partners to improve upon our products and services.
We, along with Third Parties and our Partners, may use the Information to:
- provide and communicate with you about the services or your account with us,
- fulfill your requests regarding the services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- respond to your inquiries, and notify you if you have won a contest,
- communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- provide technical support for the services,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the services,
- protect the safety of our users,
- customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the services or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
- perform analysis regarding how you use the services or any part thereof,
- send gifts, cards, invitations or emails if you use these services, to your designated recipients.
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
The International Culinary Center does not seek to solicit information from anyone under the age of 13 (which is defined as a child). If a child submits information to us and we know that the person submitting the information is a child, we will not use it for any purpose. We will deactivate the information as soon as we discover this fact and we will not disclose the information to third parties.
The International Culinary Center strives to protect our users’ information. Submitted contact, application, registration, enrollment, and student data is protected from public access. When our forms request sensitive or confidential information (such as educational records, identification data, credit card numbers, or bank account information), that information is encrypted in transit to protect against eavesdropping. Credit card and bank data are discarded after every transaction and not stored online by the International Culinary Center. Employee access to user information is restricted by role and protected with logon access controls.
Our Sites may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of that when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Sites.
The International Culinary Center fully complies with the rights afforded to students under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Among these rights, are the rights for students to inspect, amend, and restrict access to their educational records. For more information, see http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
The International Culinary Center maintains two mechanisms for our users to control the usage of their personal data - email opt-out and prohibit data disclosure.
Users may control their email preferences and/or opt-out completely by following the unsubscribe link within the footer of every email, or by clicking the link here https://secure.internationalculinarycenter.com/unsubscribe/. Changing your email and/or opt-out preferences will prevent you from receiving ongoing commercial/promotional content via email.
To prohibit any disclosure of your personal data, a request must be made in writing to our Registrar ‘s Office at:
Office of the Registrar, International Culinary Center, 462 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
Policy Changes & Notification
You may also contact us at any time using the contact information below:
The International Culinary Center, LLC
Attn: Websites Administrator
The International Culinary Center
462 Broadway New York, NY 10013