Chocolate isn’t just for bonbons and candies! Using this delicious (but delicate) medium for cake decorating is a secret weapon for any advanced cake decorator. Taught by some of New York City’s best cake designers, this 4-day, hands-on cake class will teach you the science and art of tempering chocolate and enhance your skills using ganache, modeling chocolate and a variety of decorations to adorn your next masterpiece.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Principals of chocolate tempering and ganache
- Basic chocolate decorations including cut-outs, cigarettes, curls, and bows
- To make and use modeling chocolate
- To use cocoa butter colors, as well as milk and white chocolates
- To construct and use paper cornets
- Bake and decorate a 9” chocolate ganache layered cake with chocolate decorations using a provided design
- Application fee
- Books and supplies
- “Family meal” prepared by culinary program students
11/17/2016 – $695
Tue & Thur 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Important: Please review our Cancellation and Refund Policy and dress code. Check back frequently to see new start dates or contact us at 888.324.2433. Although the International Culinary Center is accredited by the ACCSC, this course does not fall within the scope of the commission’s accreditation. This non-professional course is designed for personal enrichment and is not intended to qualify a student for employment.