Sugar Paste Flowers with Ron Ben-Israel: New York
Learn the technical intricacies of creating sugar flowers from ICC’s Guest Master Pastry Chef, Ron Ben-Israel. Proclaimed “the Manolo Blahnik of wedding cakes” by The New York Times and named the "King of Cakes" by Modern Bride magazine, his signature cakes—featuring exquisite cascading sugar flowers—have been commissioned by celebrities around the world.
A generous and gifted teacher, Chef Ron delights in sharing his insights, secrets and experience in the pastry arts. Over three sessions in ICC’s professional kitchens, students have the extraordinary opportunity to interact with a master of not just cake design but also the cake design business.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Working with Ron’s exclusive sugar paste to achieve lifelike sugar flowers and their leaves for a variety of Winter White Orchids: Dendrobium, Cymbidium, Cattleya, Phalaenopsis, Oncidium Orchids
- Creating a professional workflow and a production line of sugar flowers
- Developing shadow, light and contrast through colors and luster dust
- Composing sugar flowers on a cake
Students will take home specialized cutters (made exclusively for the class), silicone presses and a small display cake to arrange their own finished flowers.
SUGAR PASTE FLOWERS TUITION INCLUDES
- Specialized cutters and veining silicone presses
- Lunch and refreshments
- Printed handouts
- Box to take finished display cake home