Essential Techniques for Food Styling
When you flip through the pages of a food magazine and find your mouth watering, you have a food stylist to thank. In this 10-hour class, an experienced food stylist will show you the tips and tricks of the trade for making irresistible, camera-ready food.
For many, a dish's aesthetic appeal is the hardest aspect to perfect. Magazines, newspapers, TV shows, and websites employ specially trained food stylists whose sole responsibility is to convey the many complexities of a dish in a single shot. In this class, you’ll learn the skills to do just that, and to transform ordinary plates into visual masterpieces.
With the ever-rising interest in mainstream cooking shows, food magazines, and food blogs, it’s never been more important to make food look as good as it tastes. Essential Techniques for Food Styling will translate your interest into a practical set of skills, by providing you with indispensable tips to get you started in the business. This course aims to help anyone—aspiring stylist professionals, amateur epicurean bloggers, and photographers alike—take the steps to follow their passion.
What You'll Learn
Taught by an accomplished working food stylist, this course will teach you how to:
- Build your food styling kit
Navigate the ins and outs of professional food styling
- Style for different media—TV, newspapers, magazines, internet, etc.
- Work with difficult-to-style foods, such as hot and cold beverages
- Learn and practice the complexities of making fake ice cream
- Work with specific foods, such as sandwiches, hot and cold beverages, and more
- Get started in the business