Culinary Entrepreneurship: New York
Designed by leading entrepreneurs and top academics in the field, ICC’s intensive, newly customizable program provides you with the tools, strategies and confidence needed to define, assess and launch a new business within the growing food industry.
Learn from Experts
Expert instruction from world-class institutions such as Babson College, ranked #1 in entrepreneurship education; the prestigious Cornell University School of Hospitality; the gold-standard Union Square Hospitality Group and more helps you develop your entrepreneurial acumen while introducing you to mentors you can contact long after the program ends.
The program is now offered in a flexible more convenient format to fit your busy life and fuel your success, blending face-to-face instruction with personalized online sessions, which you can “attend” at midnight, if it best suits your schedule!
Where Theory Meets Reality
In a few weeks, ICC's project-based approach takes students from idea to business plan.
- The core program consists of 48 hours of face-to-face instruction supported by 22 hours of online collaboration and review that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
- An additional 20 hours of topic-specific online, self-paced courses provide students with the opportunity to narrow the focus on subjects relevant to their personal business goals.
- Students will learn to accurately use business tools and concepts to develop their business plan while networking and consulting with peers, faculty and experts.
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles and key responsibilities
- Learn key elements of business modeling and creating a successful business plan
- Explore assessment and feasibility techniques from evaluating the competitive marketplace and assessing the needs and desires of potential customers
- Establish and understand value proposition
- Understand how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand- building, cash flow management and resource allocation, embracing change and uncertainty for a competitive advantage
- Explore the keys to building a winning team, implementing change and other common challenges facing founders and leaders
- Learn to create and deliver an effective pitch
Books and supplies
RSVP for our next OPEN HOUSE
- Session 1: Entrepreneurship
- Session 2: Concept Development
- Session 3: Financials
- Session 4: Marketing
- Session 5: Operations
- Session 6: Business Plan Presentations
- Human Resources
- Employment & Labor Law
- Real Estate
- NYC Licensing & Permitting
- Food Costing
- Building a Brand
- Designing & Implementing a Beverage System
- Social Media & SEO
- Kitchen Design
- Kitchen/BOH Management