Chocolate Candy and Confections: New York
Chocoholics, rejoice! Develop the skill to make outstanding chocolate desserts including truffles, bonbons, chocolate-dipped toffee and more in this five-session class.
If a trip to the gourmet chocolate shop makes your heart beat faster, the opportunity is here to create confections as good—dare we say even better?—in your own kitchen. This intensive course is, quite simply, paradise for chocolate lovers. You’ll learn the tricks behind tempering and working with chocolate, produce chocolate candies of your own design and discover how to mold and dip chocolate to make irresistible delights, including truffles, chocolate-dipped toffee, raspberry squares, bars and bonbons.
What You’ll Learn
Inspired by ICC’s proven Total ImmersionSM training method, this intensive, hands-on course on the art of chocolate was developed to deliver a wide range of skills in a manageable amount of time, and gives students access to the same modern facilities and accomplished chef-instructors who have made ICC so renowned.
Each class begins with a brief discussion of the science, theory and techniques behind chocolate, but the majority of your time will be spent in the kitchen doing, not watching. You’ll learn:
• How to become proficient with the proper tools used in chocolate work
• The science of chocolate tempering
• Understanding how chocolate is made, including harvesting and manufacturing
• Dipping and molding chocolates
• Creating simple decorative chocolate pieces of your own
• Filling and decorating chocolate candies
• Designing a customized box to showcase your original chocolate creations
• Proper techniques for storing chocolate
Books and supplies
“Family meal” prepared by culinary program students (weekdays)