A Taste of the Professional Pastry Kitchen
Do many of your finest fantasies involve chocolate desserts? Does the mere mention of elegant French pastries or exquisite cakes make your heart race? If so, then The International Culinary Center’s Pastry Techniques course may just be what you’re looking for.
A Pastry Training Ground
Taught by The International Culinary Center’s inspiring pastry chef-instructors, these small, high-energy classes are hands-on, exciting, and a great training ground for the at-home baker who wants to learn the techniques employed by professional pastry chefs working in the industry. You’ll discover how to handle a pastry bag with precision, how to temper and mold chocolate, how to decorate cakes, and much more—and these sophisticated skills will become second nature as you progress through 100 hours of fast-paced training. Best of all, you'll do it at your own well-equipped workstation, in the same modern facilities used by the school's career students.
What You’ll Learn
In this hands-on class, serious amateurs with grand aspirations will learn to:
- Bake cakes, tarts, and cookies
- Construct mousses and hot and cold desserts
- Make petit fours
- Learn techniques for working with chocolate
- Create sugar syrups, meringues, and buttercreams
- Develop skills in cake decoration
- Understand the beauty of properly plated desserts
- Learn proper use of baking tools and equipment
- Become familiar with the ingredients of the pastry kitchen