Training and Scholarships
All prospective students can receive guidance on financial aid, as well as variety of scholarships for career training programs including a $5-million military scholarship program and special awards for international students. Visit the scholarship section of the website for more information.
Working with Charitable Organizations
We collaborate with charities and organizations to bring educational opportunities to communities in need.
The John Besh Foundation Scholarship offers a full ICC scholarship to motivated, minority students in New Orleans. Upon graduation, the recipient also gets a guaranteed internship in Chef Besh’s restaurants.
For more than 25 years, ICC has provided scholarships to the Career through Culinary Arts Program (C-Cap), which works nationwide to prepare underserved high school students for training and careers in the food industry.
ICC also grants scholarships through The Culinary Trust, Women Chefs and Restaurants, American Institute of Wine and Food and the James Beard Foundation.
ICC regularly donates food to The New York City Rescue Mission, which has been serving the homeless since 1872.
In San Jose, California, ICC works closely with Sylvandale Middle School to inform it’s diverse student body about healthy eating.
Community and Student Outreach
Every year, our students volunteer at several galas that raise money to benefit worthy charities, including Share Our Strength, City Harvest and Bronx Academy of Letters. In addition, many regularly help others through such organizations as:
- God’s Love We Deliver (as members of their food prep team)
- James Beard Foundation (as kitchen/event volunteers and office workers)
- City Harvest (as volunteer teachers for cooking demos and in public school classrooms)
- NYC Greenmarket (at demos and booths at markets)
- South Bronx Food Cooperative (general help and logistics)
- Hot Bread Kitchen (mentors for start-up businesses)
- Cullabo, a youth development program and after-school culinary lab (as teaching volunteers)
As the International Culinary Center continues to evolve and expand, so will our efforts to contribute to our community.