Creating a three-tiered cake is no easy feat. Cake construction and decorating requires being an adept baker, and knowing the finer points of piping and sugar paste work. In this 5-day, hands-on cake course, you’ll gain these skills and more from experienced cake decorators.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Designed to take the skills of any baker to the next level, you’ll learn the basic principles of cake, frostings and cake construction, and then apply them to assemble a three-tier masterpiece of your own, embellished with simple and complex techniques using rolled fondant and royal icing.
Each class begins with a brief discussion of recipes and techniques. Then, you’ll roll up your sleeves and get to work, learning how to:
- Prepare classic white cake and Swiss buttercream
- Construct and use paper cornets to decorate with piped royal icing
- Create rosettes, shells, snails, and more
- Apply rolled fondant for cake covering, bands, bows, quilting, molding, cut-outs and crimping
- Assemble cake layers and stack cakes with dowels
- Application fee
- Tool kit
- Books and supplies
- “Family meal” prepared by culinary program students (weekdays)
Check Back Soon
Important: Please review our Cancellation and Refund Policy and dress code. Check back frequently to see new start dates or contact us at 866.318.2433. Although the International Culinary Center is accredited by the ACCSC, this course does not fall within the scope of the commission’s accreditation. This non-professional course is designed for personal enrichment and is not intended to qualify a student for employment.