Watch as ICC Pastry Chef Instructor Aleishe Baska demonstrates how to properly saddle your loaf pan to prevent your favorite breads from sticking to the pan! Full recipe below!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Yield: 2 standard loaf pans
- 10 oz. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 10 ½ oz. Granulated Sugar
- 1 oz. Molasses
- 4 oz. Butter
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Puree
- 2 oz. Nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare pan with release spray and saddled in parchment paper.
- Sift flour, salt baking powder, baking soda and spices. Reserve.
- Cream butter, sugar, and molasses.
- Slowly add eggs.
- Add drys, alternating with pumpkin and nuts(optional)
- Divide into loaves
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a paring knife inserted into the center of the knife comes out clean.
- Unmold immediately and allow to cool to room temperature before wrapping or slicing.