FREE EDUCATION FOR VETERANS + ACTIVE MILITARY — AND THEIR SPOUSES OR CHILDREN
NO EXPENSES, NO LOANS, NOTHING TO PAY BACK*
Veterans with an honorable discharge and active military members — as well as their spouses and/or children — are qualified to apply for the ICC Military Scholarship. Combined with the maximum in federal grants, 100% Post-9/11 benefits and VA Book Stipend, students can attend our award-winning Professional Culinary or Pastry Arts programs with NO OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES at either our New York City or Silicon Valley, CA campuses. And even if you only receive partial grants or Post-9/11 benefits, the ICC Military Scholarship can greatly reduce the total cost of the program. In addition, students may be eligible for a VA housing stipend towards living expenses.
Eligible programs include:
- Professional Culinary Arts: NY and CA
- Professional Pastry Arts: NY and CA
- Intensive Sommelier Training: CA ONLY
Learn more about the ICC Military Scholarships:
WHY VETERANS CHOOSE ICC
OUR MILITARY SCHOLARSHIP CAN MAKE IT FREE
- Students eligible for the maximum in federal grants and Post-9/11 benefits, combined with ICC’s Military Scholarship, pay NO OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES
- Applies to veterans, active military AND their spouses/children
- We even waive the application fee
FULL-TIME DAY AND PART-TIME EVENING SCHEDULES
- Offered with classes starting every month
- Nearby student housing available
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING WITH PAID CULINARY EXTERNSHIPS
- Hands-on training at some of the finest restaurants in NY and CA
- Graduate with professional kitchen experience
ON-GOING CAREER SERVICES LONG AFTER YOU GRADUATE
- Job placement
- Resume building
- Interview/trail preparation
- Access to thousands of job listings
- On-site career fair twice a year
Download the ICC Military Fact Sheet:
“When ICC accepted the Post/11 GI Bill and offered veteran scholarships, I knew I had to seize this opportunity. It is a decision I will never regret. The chef-instructors are top-notch, the class sizes are small enough for individual attention and feedback, and hte experience is amazing.” —Julie Couture (Pastry Arts, 2014)
THE ICC ADVANTAGE
Founded as The French Culinary Institute in 1984, the International Culinary Center’s Total ImmersionSM curriculum has revolutionized the culinary industry by giving dedicated students the equivalent of a two-year apprenticeship in as little as six months. ICC’s hands-on education provides students with real-world skills to maximize career-readiness for any aspect of the culinary industry.
BUILT FOR LEARNING
- 600-hours of hands-on cooking from day one
- Individual real-world workstations
- Top-shelf ingredients & equipment in every kitchen
A FAMILY OF CHEFS
- Full-time Chef-Instructors with 10+ years at ICC
- Mentorship for the next generation
- Legacy of alumni including Bobby Flay, Dan Barber, David Chang, Christina Tosi, and more
- Ongoing job placement and career support from Career Services
GRADUATE READY TO WORK
- Be career-ready in as little as 6-months
- Learn the fundamental techniques to any cuisine
- Thousands of jobs posted to ICC’s Job Board
- Earn-while-you-learn — paid externships* at top NYC restaurants
POST-9/11 GI BILL
The Post-9/11 GI Bill offers benefits for service members and veterans attending ICC’s Professional Culinary or Pastry Arts programs. Benefits include up to $22,805 payable toward your tuition depending on your eligibility. For more info visit benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp or call 888.442.4551.
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION AND EMPLOYMENT (VR&E)
Students who are eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment may be able to have full tuition, fees, books and in many cases, even parking costs paid by the VA to ICC. In addition, students may receive a monthly stipend depending on training status. Click here to learn more.
VTAP—VETERANS TUITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
VTAP grants are available for eligible veterans enrolled in ICC’s Professional Culinary or Pastry Arts programs. Complete the New York State Veterans Tuition Award Supplement or contact HESC. Call 888.697.4372 or click here for more info.
“I truly believe attending ICC was one of the best decisions of my life. After my discharge from Military and business school, there was something else I was looking for in my life. After my graduation from ICC, I got a job offer from a Charter School as a Head Chef. Now I absolutely love my job along with my job security as a NYC employee.” —Mohammed Ahmed (Culinary Arts, 2013)
ICC VETERAN STORIES
Fontasha Brown, US Coast Guard
When life handed lemons to Fontasha Brown while on the Coast Guard’s search and rescue team, she made lemon cake. Learn how she channeled her stress-relieving hobby into a formal pastry education at ICC. Read More.
Nick Petrone, US Air Force Officer
Sky’s the limit for this grad! Nick took his passion for wine to ICC’s CA campus for the Intensive Sommelier Training program which prepared him to take the Court of Master Sommeliers’ Intro and Certified exams. Read More.
ICC Chef-Instructor Tom Jones was featured on Heritage Radio’s “Feast Yr Ears” in a segment entitled From Camouflage to Chef Whites with host Harry Rosenblum. Hear Chef Tom discuss his love for teaching at ICC, his military background, and how the ICC Military Scholarship can change your life. Listen to the interview.
The ICC Military Scholarship cannot be combined with other scholarships and discounts.
*Applies to veterans who have retained 100% of their veterans benefits. Applicants with only part of their veterans benefits remaining will have a residual balance, the amount of which will depend on their remaining veterans entitlement.