To ensure that the transition from your home country to ours is as smooth as possible, these guidelines will help you understand the student visa process. Many ICC’s programs—from Professional Culinary to Pastry Arts to Intensive Sommelier Training—have international student visa eligibility to help you pursue your culinary career in New York City. If you have questions about student visas, please speak to your admission representative, who can put you in touch with our dedicated international student advisors.

“Everything was so easy. Having done visa procedures before, I know this was one of the easiest I’ve ever done.”  —Aditi Handa (Bread Baking, 2012)

Visit our International Student Guide for detailed information on I-20s, student visas, changing status from within the United States, OPT and more. Student visa regulations and policies change frequently; this guidebook is updated often to reflect the most current information. Please use it as your primary resource.

Eligible Career Programs

Under federal law, the following programs are open to enrollment by M-1 non-immigrant students:

Student Visa Application Process

Following are the five basic steps to getting your student visa and travelling from your country to our kitchens:

Step 1: Apply for admission and confirm your start date. Your admissions representative will coordinate you to the international student advisor to assist with the M1 student visa process

Step 2: Complete admission requirements as described in Applying to ICC

Step 3: Submit your I-20 Application Packet, along with all other required documentation detailed on the first page of the packet. Submit all of your required admission documents and make your first payment.

Step 4: Receive your I-20 and pay SEVIS fee

Step 5: Set your visa appointment with the consulate or embassy in your country of residence. Apply for your M-1 visa.

Step 6: Travel to ICC with your I-20 and visa.

Non-immigrant students are responsible for complying with immigration laws. This information is provided to help you maintain your lawful status in the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.