While we work hard to provide a challenging culinary education, we aim to keep the admission process very simple. We strongly encourage you to speak to an admission representative to discuss course availability, financial aid, and our admission requirements and policies before you start to fill out your application. Click here or call 888.324.2433 in New York and 866.318.2433 in California.
We also encourage you to visit our facilities, especially if you are considering applying for one of our career programs. To learn more about scheduling a tour or attending an upcoming Open House in New York or California, click here.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To get started, access the application for your program of interest from the course description page, or use the online application page. Please note there is a $100 application fee. The application fee will be applied to the total cost of attendance.*
Step 2: Speak to an Admission Representative
After we receive your application, an admission representative will contact you to discuss the steps you’ll need to take in order to complete the admission process. You will also receive a package in the mail, which includes an enrollment agreement, student catalog and other important information.
Step 3: Submit Required Forms
To secure your seat in the class, you must submit the following within 30 days of paying your application fee:
• A signed enrollment agreement
• Proof of your high school graduation in the form of a high school or college diploma, professional degree, GED or other high school equivalency
• The medical form contained in your enrollment package, signed by a physician
• Credential Evaluation/Translation – students educated outside of the United States must provide a credential evaluation of their High School or College Diploma/Degree (translated if not in English)
Step 4: Establish Ability to Pay the Cost of Attendance
To secure your seat in class, you must establish your ability to pay for your selected course no later than 60 days before your class orientation date.
Applicants for Financial Aid
Financial aid applicants are required to have all necessary paperwork submitted 60 days prior to orientation. International Culinary Center’s FAFSA Code is 025754. For more information on applying for aid, visit the financial aid section of the website.
Cash payers may pay in full no later than 60 days prior to the class orientation date. They also have the option to pay in installments after meeting with the Office of Financial Aid and signing a payment plan 60 days prior to orientation. Tuition will be financed with zero interest in accordance with a payment plan as follows:
• $4,500 deposit received 60 days prior to orientation
• $5,400 payment received on or before orientation
• The balance paid in further installments on the first of each month, beginning approximately one month after the start date
• The last payment must be made no later than 14 days prior to graduation
* Applicants who have not visited the school prior to enrollment will receive a refund of all monies paid, if requested in writing to the school, attention of the Director, within three business days following either the regularly scheduled orientation procedures or following a tour of the school facilities and inspection of equipment where training and services are provided. A full refund of institutional charges minus the $100 application fee will be provided to a student who provides notice of cancellation (1) no later than attendance at the first day of class; (2) within seven class days after signing the enrollment agreement; or (3) within three business days following either the regularly scheduled orientation procedures or following a tour of the school facilities and inspection of equipment where training and services are provided where the student has not visited the school prior to enrollment. Pursuant to California law, except where a 100% refund is made, the STRF Assessment is nonrefundable.
How to Apply – Non-Career
Home Cooking and Specialized Training Courses
Select your program from the online application page, and submit the application with a non-refundable fee of either $100 or no more than 10% of the tuition for the class (whichever is less). The fee will be applied to the total cost of attendance. After we receive your application, an admission representative will contact you to discuss the next steps. You will also receive a package in the mail, which includes an enrollment agreement, student catalog and other important information. To secure your seat in the class, you must submit a signed enrollment agreement within 30 days of paying your application fee.